- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup of finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 green jalapenos, stems and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- 1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Tortilla chips, to serve
1 Cut the avocado, remove flesh: Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit. Score the inside of the avocado with a blunt knife and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
2 Mash with a fork: Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. (Don't overdo it! The guacamole should be a little chunky.)
3 Add salt, lime juice, and the rest: Sprinkle with salt and lime juice.
Add the chopped onion, coriander and jalapenos to the avocado.
Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste.
Add your chopped tomato just before serving.
4 Serve: Serve immediately, or if making a few hours ahead, place plastic wrap on the surface of the guacamole and press down to cover it and to prevent air reaching it. Refrigerate until ready to serve.